Westerdam is a landscaped housing estate with modern architecture in a prestigious district in Moscow’s western part. The project site includes a 4 ha historic apple orchard with recreational infrastructure.
- 4 buildings of varied height (10–29 floors)
- A 4 ha apple orchard
- An underground car park for 1.2 thousand cars
- A kindergarten for 260 children
- 3 thousand sq m of commercial premises
The project is set to restore the apple orchard, create convenient lanes for pedestrians and cyclists, and places for recreation and sports.
- Multifunctional zoning
- No car traffic inside
- The East Yard: an area for children’s activities and relaxation featuring an amphitheatre, shady gazebos, and works of art; the courtyard boasts a Red Garden with scarlet-coloured plants
- The West Yard: a cosy space with children’s playgrounds, gazebos, and cycle parking areas is decorated in autumn colours as the Golden Garden
- The Central Boulevard: a stylish walkway visually connects the estate and serves as a public space and meeting point. The green areas are planted with ornamental deciduous trees and shrubs in the style of the White Garden, and the boulevard features sports grounds with a safe crumb rubber surface
- AlcoteK FR Plus and AlcoteK St aluminium and steel composite panels ensure strong fire safety
- Architectural concrete panels for the basement and ground floor finishes create a ventilated facade and improve energy efficiency
BIM is an information model of a building or structure that is treated as a single facility throughout its life cycle, from design to operation. This technology boosts the efficiency of development projects, reduces their cost, improves the quality of housing, and mitigates construction risks.
In 2020, INTECO representatives became members of the interdepartmental working group under the Ministry of Construction, Housing and Utilities of the Russian Federation. The group will pilot the system to manage the capital construction facility life cycle using BIM technologies based on the Westerdam project. The pilot will offer enhanced approaches to building information modelling in the construction industry.
Currently, INTECO operates a cloud-based technical document management system serving as the basis for interaction with Westerdam designers. A regulation governing the entry of attribute and geometric data into the information model was developed.
Apartment sales started.
The project made it to the final of the Urban Awards 2019 as the Best Comfort-Class Residential Development Under Construction,
ANTTEQ was chosen as the project’s general contractor.
Westerdam became the Ministry’s pilot for the BIM technology.
The above-ground construction of residential buildings started.
All apartments in building 6 were sold out, and more than a half — in the other three buildings.
RC frame structures of all buildings were completed.
Scheduled commissioning of the last building and completion of the project.
Scheduled completion of apartment sales.
Westerdam is among the leaders of Moscow’s comfort-class housing market in terms of demand. By February 2021, all the apartments in building 6 were sold out, and more than a half — in other buildings.